"Markets, investors, and consumers value breakthrough innovation and absolute success more than anything else. This is a sign of the new era. The other side of the coin is that everything crashes the second you stop surprising the world".
Rosbank Joint Stock Commercial Bank
- Private diversified financial services and credit institution.
- One of Russia’s top ten largest banks in assets and capital.
- The largest regional branch network: over 600 outlets and 3000 ATMs in 70 regions of the Russian Federation.
- 350 branches of Pervoe O.V.K. for $200 mln, a large network of regional branches and offices, second only to Sberbank of Russia
- STB Card payment processing company
- Inkahran, a cash-in-transit company
- Unified Settlement System, a non-bank credit organization
Rosbank and Perviy OVK Bank’s asset merger yields results:
- Rosbank becomes the largest private retail bank in Russia
- over 600 outlets in Russia.
- One of the first private companies in Russia to receive a license (License #2) to provide banking services.
- Founders: International Bank of Economic Cooperation, the RFSR Bank of Foreign Trade, Sberbank of RSFSR and VEA Interros.
- One of the first companies in Russia to provide professional financial services to businesses.
- Create, coordinate and implement development programs for FPG founding companies
- Ensure financial turnaround of FPG founding companies
- Coordinate investment pooling
- MFK Renaissance Group aggregate capital — $400 mln
- Total assets — over $2 bln
- Total amount of foreign investment brought into the Russian economy with the group’s involvement — over $10 bln per year
- The largest universal bank in Russia in the 1990s.
- With more than 30 shareholders and clients, the bank united Russia’s key players in foreign trade.
- UNEXIM Bank cofounders’ aggregate revenue was upwards of $10 billion per year.
- Design, coordinate and implement business development plans of the founding companies.
- Achieve financial turnaround of its founding companies.
- Centralize investment-seeking activities.
- Sidanko (51%)
- RAO “Norilsk Nickel” (51% of voting shares)
- NLMK (14.84%)
- Controlling stake in the North-West Shipping Company
Soglasie Insurance Company
- One of the first insurance companies in Russia.
- With the founding of Soglasie Interros became one of the first companies in the country to venture out into commercial insurance.
- The company offers almost every kind of insurance and reinsurance permitted under the Russian law.
- Has over 700 branches in Russia.
- Obtained the very first license from the Non-State Pension Funds Inspectorate under the Ministry of Labor (license registered in December 1993).
- The oldest non-state pension fund in Russia — over 19 years in operation, the private pension funds market trailblazer.
- One of the top five private pension funds in Russia.
- Combined fund assets— 70.2 mln rub
- Pension reserves — 59.8 mln rub in 2004
- Property in ownership — 59,885,258,000 rub
- Pension funds under management — 45,824,282,000 rub
- Funded pension reserves — 13,776,079,000 rub
- Assets to conduct statutory activity — 174,217,000 rub
- Co-founders’ capital contribution — 408,926,000 rub
- Number of pension account holders — 1,031,625
- Number of individuals drawing pensions — 20,405
- IR-Leasing was one of the first leasing companies in Russia, making Interros one of the founders of the leasing services market in Russia.
- Competitive advantages: financial underwriting by the MFK-UNEXIM Group and an outside-the-box approach.
- Largest deals in the energy and mining sectors.